If you use a well for your household’s water needs, you’ve probably experienced the most obvious sign that you need a well pump repair: your water stops working. But did you realize there are other warnings that may occur before your pump quits altogether? Here are five signs that you may need a new well pump.
- Loud noises: When you walk by your well, does it seem louder than normal? This is often one of the first signs that the pump is going bad.
- Odd noises: Odd noises are just as much of a warning. If you hear a grinding sound or other unusual noises, call for service immediately.
- Air coming from the faucet: It’s normal to hear a spitting noise from your faucets when you’ve left them dripping overnight in cold weather. But if you notice air coming from the faucet with no explanation, you should get your well pump checked out.
- Dirty water: This is a dead giveaway that there’s a problem with your well. Dirty water is never normal. Call a well pump repair company immediately and avoid consuming the water or using it for cooking, dishwashing, or showering.
- High power bills: Are your electricity bills unusually high?This may be a sign that the pump is running a lot. Why would it run so much? Usually it’s having to work harder to maintain an acceptable water pressure.
It may be that a well pump repair is all you need. However, if you let a problem go unattended for too long, your pump could be damaged for good. For well pump replacement and repair in Brevard, NC and Transylvania County, talk to Hamilton Well & Pump. We work on pumps from a variety of leading manufacturers. 24/7 emergency service is available, so don’t hesitate to call us when you need us!