You hire a residential plumber to take care of many different issues around your home. But before you hire one, you’ll need to ask the right questions to make sure they’re qualified for the job at hand. Here at Hamilton Well & Pump, we want to make sure you’re getting the best plumbing services possible. Here are five important questions you should ask a plumber before hiring them to work at your home.
- Are you a licensed and insured company? Credentials matter. Make sure the plumbers you’re considering are fully licensed and insured to perform work in your state. If they don’t have either, watch out. You may be responsible for any shoddy work that takes place.
- Can you tell me the plumber’s name? It’s important to know who will be arriving at your home to provide service. Don’t be afraid to ask for a name and description of who will be on the job. Find out if they’re required to present any identification upon arrival and see what kind of vehicle they’ll be driving.
- Will you explain your estimate and when you require payment? As the customer, you have every right to ask questions about the estimate you receive. This is your money, after all, and you deserve to receive clear answers about the charges and the payment process. Are the prices quoted for an hourly or a flat rate? When does the company expect you to pay?
- Is the plumber’s work guaranteed or covered by a warranty? Don’t forget to ask whether the repairs made are guaranteed. If you’re getting something installed, ask about warranties on both the parts and the labor. Guarantees and warranties provide you with protection and financial reassurance should something go wrong.
- How will they treat your home? Finally, make sure the plumbing company will clean up any mess they make while they’re at your home. If a company doesn’t seem to care how they treat your home, don’t work with them.
Hire a plumber who will honestly answer these and any other questions you have. Contact Hamilton Well & Pump in Brevard, NC for prompt, courteous, reliable service.