Most people have a good idea of when to call a plumber. But how do you know when you have a plumbing emergency on your hands? Sometimes it can be hard to tell, especially if you’re feeling a little panicked about what’s happening at your home. At Hamilton Well & Pump, we want you to know when you should take action right away. Here are five times when you should call for emergency plumbing.
- Clogs – Clogs in your toilet, sink, shower, or bathtub can turn into major problems. Ideally, you’ll address the issue at the first sign of trouble, like a slow drain. Attempting to unclog things yourself is fine, but if it doesn’t work or water starts overflowing, you need to call an emergency plumber.
- Leaks – While minor leaks may not be cause for immediate concern, major ones certainly are. Leaks can cause real damage to your home, whether the water is coming down through the ceiling or up from the floor.
- Pipe bursts – Extended periods of frigid temperatures can cause frozen pipes that may burst. This can cause a flood and can leave the pipes too damaged to repair. Call an emergency plumber as quickly as you can.
- Leaking water heaters – When your water heater goes out, it’s an inconvenience. But when it’s leaking, it’s causing damage to other parts of your home. Slow leaks are one thing, but sudden ones are quite another. The latter can cause rapid flooding in your home.
- Sewage system backups – Sewer problems aren’t for amateurs. It takes professional-grade equipment and expertise to unclog sewer lines or remove roots, two common causes of this problem. Never ignore a sewage problem since it won’t ever get better on its own.
For emergency plumbing and all other types of plumbing services in Brevard, NC, call Hamilton Well & Pump. We’ll come to the rescue for all your plumbing needs.