Getting a new well is no small task—or expense. It requires hiring the right team of professionals who know all about how to install wells and well pumps in North Carolina’s mountain terrain. But how can you be sure that you’re hiring the right company for the job? The National Ground Water Association recommends that you get answers to the following questions before hiring a well drilling contractor.
- Will they give you something in writing? This includes any estimates or contracts.
- Does the well drilling company have the proper credentials? Some states require well drillers to be licensed. In North Carolina, they must be certified.
- Do they adhere to your state’s safety and health regulations? This is critical. The work the well drillers do will directly affect the quality of your drinking water.
- Are they members of a professional association like the North Carolina Ground Water Association? Such memberships give well drillers access to continuing education and other learning opportunities.
- Are they insured? Any contractor you hire for a home improvement job should carry their own insurance to protect you, your property, and their employees.
- What type of equipment do they use? You’ll want to make sure that their trucks and drilling tools are reliable and can get the job done in a reasonable amount of time.
- What do their customers have to say? Read reviews to find out what type of job they’ve done and if their customers were satisfied.
If you need well drilling services in Western North Carolina, call Hamilton Well & Pump. We provide commercial and residential well drilling, pump repairing and service, and plumbing services for Brevard, NC and surrounding areas. We’ve served Transylvania County for over 60 years thanks to our honest, high quality work and affordable prices. Trust our experienced staff to install a reliable well and pump that will give you clean, pure water for years to come.